All of these are pretty set in stone and we follow them pretty closely.
Please read through these and abide by them carefully. We don’t wanna have to tell you that you can’t hunt because of these reasons.
- All Teammates must be at least 18 years old or older.
- There are a maximum of 4 members to a team.
- Final judges’ decisions are just that. Final! There is no appeals process. There is also no crying.
- Your team must stay together at all times. You may not split up to “divide” tasks.
You’re here to have fun, but to do so legally. And John really, really does not want to get sued. So here it is. If you break any laws at any time during any portion of the scavenger hunt, your team will be disqualified. This includes, but is not limited to: moving violations, trespassing, burglary, larceny, embezzlement, grand theft, petty theft, shoplifting, assault, plagiarism, blackmail, indecent exposure, decent exposure, having a concealed firearm, unlawfully discharging a firearm, bribery, forgery, perjury, fraud, computer fraud, mail fraud, tax evasion, tax fraud, insurance fraud, securities fraud, and bad hair. Seriously, if you get so much as a speeding ticket, you’re disqualified.
- Once you submit your images to Tweets for Eats, you grant Tweets for Eats the right to use and display those photos in any media in perpetuity. Yes, perpetuity.
- You cannot Photoshop images. All images must be original.
- No photographing an image off of a website unless stated otherwise.
- Each picture can only count for one item. Meaning that if you take a picture that completes two items, it can only count for one of those items.
- All photos must be taken within the Hunt time limit unless explicitly stated otherwise. Any photos taken before or after official start and end of hunt will not be counted!
- If we can’t figure out what your photo is supposed to be, we won’t count that either.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that we have access to your photos. If, for some reason, you are unable to tweet the photos (the much preferred method), it will be your responsibility to ensure that we can see them in some other way. An e-mail address will be provided to which photos can be sent (provided that they arrive by the time your team checks in). Alternatively, you may also have a photos on a USB thumb drive for downloading to our computers.
- For photo elements, “Entire Team” means that every teammate is present in the photo.
- For photo elements, “Someone” means anyone! Teammate, your photographer, a stranger, your mom, a construction worker, that creepy guy who hangs out in your alley. Anyone!
- For photo elements, “Stranger” means someone that you do not know previous to the Hunt. NOTE: Once you use a stranger in a photo, they cannot be used as a stranger again. You know them! They are a part of your family now.
- For photo elements, “Teammate” means just that. Only 1 Teammate is required to be present in the photo.
- Your team, in its entirety, must return to the check-in point by 4:00 p.m. A 30-minute grace period will be permitted, however all teams arriving after 4:00 p.m. will receive a 511 point penalty against their total. Any teams that do not meet the 4:30 hard deadline will be disqualified.
- Have Fun!